DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dhawan to direct son Varun in 'Kandireega' remake
Ekta Kapoor is bringing father-son duo David Dhawan and Varun together for Hindi remake of Telugu hit 'Kandireega'.
New Delhi: Ekta Kapoor is bringing father-son duo David Dhawan and Varun together for a new project - the Hindi remake of Telugu hit Kandireega. "I am doing a film with Balaji Motion Pictures, for which work has already begun," Varun told IANS, without revealing any more about the project. A teaser of the new movie was floated online Monday. It featured an actor with back to the camera, and holding a poster reading: "Mafia Don Kidnaps Girl!".
"The film is a remake of Telugu film 'Kandireega'," Girish Johar, head of acquisition and distribution, Balaji Motion Pictures, told IANS. "We are remaking it with Varun under his father's shadow," added Johar. Varun made his Bollywood debut in Karan Johar's "Student Of The Year", released in 2012. He earned rave reviews for his fluid expressions and flexible dancing ability.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics