DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dhule riot: Inquiry report to be submitted today
The owner of the eatery, where the fight began, was arrested on Thursday on charges of inciting violence.
Dhule: Inquiry report prepared by Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Javed Ahmed will be submitted to the Maharashtra government by Friday evening on riots that broke out in Dhule on January 6. On Thursday, the owner of the eatery, where the fight began, was arrested on charges of inciting violence and damaging public property.
The curfew in the area continued on Friday. The cause of the clash was reportedly a tiff over non-payment of a hotel bill by a group of four people. After they were beaten up by the hotel staff for failing to pay the bill, they went away and returned with a large group after which the violence escalated.
Four people died, over 130 civilians and 106 policemen were in the communal clashes. Rapid Action Force was also brought in to control the mobs which pelted stones at the police.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users