Dhule riot: Inquiry report to be submitted today
The owner of the eatery, where the fight began, was arrested on Thursday on charges of inciting violence.
Dhule: Inquiry report prepared by Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Javed Ahmed will be submitted to the Maharashtra government by Friday evening on riots that broke out in Dhule on January 6. On Thursday, the owner of the eatery, where the fight began, was arrested on charges of inciting violence and damaging public property.
The curfew in the area continued on Friday. The cause of the clash was reportedly a tiff over non-payment of a hotel bill by a group of four people. After they were beaten up by the hotel staff for failing to pay the bill, they went away and returned with a large group after which the violence escalated.
Four people died, over 130 civilians and 106 policemen were in the communal clashes. Rapid Action Force was also brought in to control the mobs which pelted stones at the police.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw