Dhule riot: 6 policemen arrested for indulging in vandalism
The video showed policemen smashing water drums and damaging two-wheelers parked along the street.
Mumbai: Six policemen were arrested in Dhule in Maharashtra on Friday, almost a month after they were caught on video vandalising and assaulting civilians during the riots in the city. Police drew sharp criticism after the visuals of the video were shown on news channels.
The video showed policemen smashing water drums and damaging two-wheelers parked along the street. The incident had raised serious questions over the police's handling of the riot.
Riots had broken out in Dhule on January 6. Six people lost their lives in the violence.
Recommended For You
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1