Dhule riot: 6 policemen arrested for indulging in vandalism
The video showed policemen smashing water drums and damaging two-wheelers parked along the street.
Mumbai: Six policemen were arrested in Dhule in Maharashtra on Friday, almost a month after they were caught on video vandalising and assaulting civilians during the riots in the city. Police drew sharp criticism after the visuals of the video were shown on news channels.
The video showed policemen smashing water drums and damaging two-wheelers parked along the street. The incident had raised serious questions over the police's handling of the riot.
Riots had broken out in Dhule on January 6. Six people lost their lives in the violence.
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Saqlain Mushtaq Hired as Spin Consultant for England's India Tour
- 2nd Test: Yasir Shah Spins Pakistan to Series-clinching Win Vs West Indies
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Shapoorji Pallonji to Move Company Law Board Against Tatas