Dhule riot: 6 policemen arrested for indulging in vandalism
The video showed policemen smashing water drums and damaging two-wheelers parked along the street.
Mumbai: Six policemen were arrested in Dhule in Maharashtra on Friday, almost a month after they were caught on video vandalising and assaulting civilians during the riots in the city. Police drew sharp criticism after the visuals of the video were shown on news channels.
The video showed policemen smashing water drums and damaging two-wheelers parked along the street. The incident had raised serious questions over the police's handling of the riot.
Riots had broken out in Dhule on January 6. Six people lost their lives in the violence.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Benched Wayne Rooney Happy to Celebrate League Cup Glory