Di Resta secures Force India's maiden points in China
Paul Di Resta, who started 11th on the grid, finished 8th to bag four points for his effort.
Shanghai: Paul di Resta brought his Force India back home in eighth place at the Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix here Sunday, getting his team's first points at the Shanghai International Circuit. Fernando Alonso won the race in his Ferrari ahead of Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen and Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton, who finished second and third.
Di Resta, who started 11th on the grid, bagged four points from his effort and is 10th in the drivers' standings. His team-mate Adrian Sutil's race was ruined after he was hit from the back by Sauber rookie Esteban Gutierrez on Lap 4, damaging the rear wing of his car.
Sutil pitted and was forced to retire after flames were seen coming out of the VJM06 brakes. He now lies 12th in the standings with six points while Force India dropped a place to be sixth in the constructors's standings on 14 points.
Di Resta was satisfied with the result. "I was battling with Nico [Hulkenberg] on the opening lap, but unfortunately there was some contact with Adrian [Sutil] down at the hairpin, which put me on the grass and set me back three or four places.
"After that I was stuck in the pack, my tyres were graining and I couldn't really make much progress. It wasn't until the third stint that I was in some clean air and the pace of the car was very strong. I was pushing all the way and I knew it would be very close after the final stop with Grosjean and Hulkenberg. But the pit crew did a top job; they kept their nerve and we managed to stay ahead of both of them."
Sutil was obviously disappointed at his retirement. "It's always a shame not to finish a race and I had a good chance of scoring more points today," said the German.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham