Dian Fossey: The unsolved mystery of her murder
According to The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, she was hit twice on the head and face with a large knife.
New Delhi: Gorilla expert Dian Fossey would have turned 82 if she were alive today. Dian Fossey, known for undertaking a comprehensive study of gorilla groups over a period of 18 years, was murdered a few weeks before her 54th birthday. Her body was found in her cabin on the morning of December 27, 1985.
According to The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, she was hit twice on the head and face with a large knife. There was evidence of forced entry but no signs that robbery had been the motive. There are many theories about Dian Fossey's murder, but it is still an unsolved mystery.
Dian Fossey was laid to rest in the graveyard behind her cabin at Karisoke, among her gorilla friends.
Commemorating the 82nd birthday of American zoologist Dian Fossey, Google has posted a gorilla doodle on its homepage. The doodle has a large number of gorillas and Dian Fossey taking notes.
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast