DiCaprio has replaced me in Scorsese' films: De Niro
Robert De Niro feels Leonardo DiCaprio has now taken over as Martin Scorsese's big screen star of choice.
London: Hollywood star Robert De Niro says actor Leonardo DiCaprio has replaced him in acclaimed director Martin Scorsese's films.
The 69-year-old actor said that his former 'This Boy's Life' co-star has now taken over as Scorsese's big screen star of choice and he is only asked to hand out awards these days, reported Showbizspy.
"What mostly gets me here is to present awards to other people. I have handed out Oscars to Sean Penn, Eli Wallach and Francis Coppola. I have honored Meryl Streep at the Kennedy Centre. I have handed out about a half dozen lifetime achievement awards to Marty Scorsese, from the BAFTA to the Golden Globes," De Niro said.
"So even though Leonardo DiCaprio has taken my place in Marty's movies, I am apparently the go-to guy in handing out the hardware. I have gotten pretty good at giving out awards but frankly I have gotten out of practice accepting an award myself. It has been awhile except for getting that medal from the Irish American League when they could not get Liam Neeson," he added.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines