Did Scientology alienate Kidman's kids from her?
The Scientology church allegedly tried to alienate Tom's kids Isabella and Connor from their mother Nicole Kidman.
Los Angeles: The Scientology church allegedly tried to alienate Tom Cruise's kids Isabella and Connor from their mother Nicole Kidman since her split from the 'Mission: Impossible' star.
Scientologists used fear-based brainwashing techniques for Isabella and Connor, when they were aged eight and six respectively, reported Vanity Fair magazine.
"The central problem (in the marriage) was Nicole did not want to deal with Scientology," former high-ranking Scientologist Marty Rathbun said.
The actress, who is currently married to Keith Urban, is a Roman Catholic and she once stated she did not want their children raised as Scientologists. Since the couple divorced, the church allegedly instructed Tom and Nicole's adopted children to reject their mother and her movies.
"They rejected Nicole - they've been instructed. They took a course, PTS/SP, Potential Trouble Source/Suppressive Person, for persons connected in their lives who are an SP," said John Brousseau, former Scientologist and bodyguard to
church leader David Miscavige.
"Bella and Connor whispered to me, 'JB, Nicole is an SP! Our mom's an SP - we hate going and seeing her.' The Scientology world hated Nicole," he added. The church also allegedly did not like Cruise's former girlfriend Penelope Cruz either. The Spanish beauty was dismissed as a "dilettante" after she refused to learn about Scientology.
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth