SC issues notice to Centre, Delhi govt on diesel vehicle ban
A petition was filed in the court seeking ban on passenger diesel vehicles running on the road as they cause high pollution levels.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court of India on Monday issued a notice to Centre and Delhi government over the rising pollution levels in the state.
A petition was filed in the apex court seeking ban on passenger diesel vehicles running on the road as they cause high pollution levels.
The petition also seeks to discontinue the subsidy on diesel as its a dirty fuel. The government will now file its response on the court's order.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India