Digital platform boon for aspiring filmmakers: Sivan
Digital platform is a blessing for aspiring filmmakers as it allows them to experiment with different genres.
Cinematographer-filmmaker Santosh Sivan, known for his work in 'Urumi', 'Dil Se' and 'Asoka', on October 17 said digital platform is a blessing for aspiring filmmakers as it allows them to experiment with different genres.
"Today, every aspiring filmmaker with the help of several digital platforms such as Internet and mobile space can explore different genres, unlike regular filmmakers, who are always bound to make films that impresses all segment of the audience," he said.
He was speaking about filmmaking, managing and marketing in the digital era on the second day of the Media and Entertainment Business Conclave (MEBC), a Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) initiative.
"Digital platforms such as YouTube give the option of segmenting the target audience for an aspiring filmmaker. He or she can make a film and then decide to which segment of the audience the film should be shown," said Sivan.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance