'Digitisation ensures bumper openings for films'
"Films across all languages are able to generate bumper openings because of digitisation," says Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan Tuesday lauded digitisation of films and said it has changed the scenario by helping reach out to a wider audience and generating bumper openings at the box-office.
"Today, films across all languages are able to generate bumper openings because of digitisation compared to films that were released through film reels many years ago... That could only be released in select theatres at the time of the release," Kamal said.
He was speaking at the opening day of Media and Entertainment Business Conclave (MEBC), a Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) initiative.
"Films today have wider release because they're digitally manufactured. Today, a film in its first week is able to generate more revenue than films on its 100th day released few years back," added the veteran, who is also the chairman of FICCI MEBC.
Besides Kamal, other dignitaries who graced the event on its opening day included Hollywood producer Barrie M Osborne, southern producer Suresh Babu, Tamil director Ameer, Oscar-winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty and producer D Rama Naidu.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar