'Digitisation ensures bumper openings for films'
"Films across all languages are able to generate bumper openings because of digitisation," says Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan Tuesday lauded digitisation of films and said it has changed the scenario by helping reach out to a wider audience and generating bumper openings at the box-office.
"Today, films across all languages are able to generate bumper openings because of digitisation compared to films that were released through film reels many years ago... That could only be released in select theatres at the time of the release," Kamal said.
He was speaking at the opening day of Media and Entertainment Business Conclave (MEBC), a Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) initiative.
"Films today have wider release because they're digitally manufactured. Today, a film in its first week is able to generate more revenue than films on its 100th day released few years back," added the veteran, who is also the chairman of FICCI MEBC.
Besides Kamal, other dignitaries who graced the event on its opening day included Hollywood producer Barrie M Osborne, southern producer Suresh Babu, Tamil director Ameer, Oscar-winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty and producer D Rama Naidu.
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017