'Digitisation ensures bumper openings for films'
"Films across all languages are able to generate bumper openings because of digitisation," says Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan Tuesday lauded digitisation of films and said it has changed the scenario by helping reach out to a wider audience and generating bumper openings at the box-office.
"Today, films across all languages are able to generate bumper openings because of digitisation compared to films that were released through film reels many years ago... That could only be released in select theatres at the time of the release," Kamal said.
He was speaking at the opening day of Media and Entertainment Business Conclave (MEBC), a Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) initiative.
"Films today have wider release because they're digitally manufactured. Today, a film in its first week is able to generate more revenue than films on its 100th day released few years back," added the veteran, who is also the chairman of FICCI MEBC.
Besides Kamal, other dignitaries who graced the event on its opening day included Hollywood producer Barrie M Osborne, southern producer Suresh Babu, Tamil director Ameer, Oscar-winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty and producer D Rama Naidu.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology