Dinakaran moves SC against his impeachment
Justice dinakaran is facing impeachment proceedings on charges of corruption and land grabbing.
New Delhi: Sikkim High Court Chief Justice P D Dinakaran on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking stay of the impeachment proceedings initiated against him for alleged misconduct and corruption.
Justice Dinakaran challenged the proceedings before a three-member Rajya Sabha-appointed inquiry panel which has been hearing the charges of alleged land grabbing and possession of wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
He has sought quashing of the order of the panel which has refused his plea for the recusal of senior advocate PP Rao on the ground that he was biased against him.
The panel, headed by Justice Aftab Alam of the Supreme Court, also includes Karnataka High Court Chief Justice J S Khehar, besides Rao.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion