Even in Plotting to Bribe EC, Dinakaran Didn't Forget Lucky Number 5, Say Cops
Police told the court that they have the details of that phone call during which the name of an Election Commission official also cropped up.
File image of TTV Dinakaran (PTI photo)
New Delhi: AIADMK leader TTV Dinakaran not only plotted to bribe an Election Commission official to win the party’s symbol war, but also told his alleged middleman Sukesh Chandrasekhar to make the bypoll “fall” on a date that added to “five” as per numerology, Delhi Police told a court on Saturday.
In their submission to the Tis Hazari court, the Delhi Police said they have a recorded phone conversation between Dinakaran and Sukesh to prove the same. Police said the two used to communicate mostly on WhatsApp but on the intervening night of April 15 and 16 this year, they spoke over the phone.
The court will on Monday rule on Sukesh’s bail plea.
Dinakaran, his close aide Mallikarjuna, alleged middleman Sukesh and suspected hawala operator Nathu Singh have been lodged in judicial custody till May 29.
His name had surfaced after police arrested conman Sukesh Chandrasekar who had allegedly told Dinakaran that he had contacts in the EC and would help his faction get the election symbol.
The EC had frozen the AIADMK’s symbol after two factions of the party — one led by Dinakaran’s aunt Sasikala and the other by former chief minister O Panneerselvam — staked a claim to it.
Recommended For You
- Dhadak: Jahnvi Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter's Much Anticipated Debut To Release On July 20
- Vodka Diaries Review: The Film Finally Reveals Itself To be a Waste of Time
- Four Former Ranji Trophy Players in USA Squad for Super50 Tournament
- Here's Why Prioritizing Your Sleep Should Be Your Top Priority!
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More