DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Even in Plotting to Bribe EC, Dinakaran Didn't Forget Lucky Number 5, Say Cops
File image of TTV Dinakaran (PTI photo)
New Delhi: AIADMK leader TTV Dinakaran not only plotted to bribe an Election Commission official to win the party’s symbol war, but also told his alleged middleman Sukesh Chandrasekhar to make the bypoll “fall” on a date that added to “five” as per numerology, Delhi Police told a court on Saturday.
In their submission to the Tis Hazari court, the Delhi Police said they have a recorded phone conversation between Dinakaran and Sukesh to prove the same. Police said the two used to communicate mostly on WhatsApp but on the intervening night of April 15 and 16 this year, they spoke over the phone.
The court will on Monday rule on Sukesh’s bail plea.
Dinakaran, his close aide Mallikarjuna, alleged middleman Sukesh and suspected hawala operator Nathu Singh have been lodged in judicial custody till May 29.
His name had surfaced after police arrested conman Sukesh Chandrasekar who had allegedly told Dinakaran that he had contacts in the EC and would help his faction get the election symbol.
The EC had frozen the AIADMK’s symbol after two factions of the party — one led by Dinakaran’s aunt Sasikala and the other by former chief minister O Panneerselvam — staked a claim to it.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan