Dinesh Reddy is the new president of IHF
Dinesh Reddy has been elected the new president of the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) at its special general meeting in New Delhi on Monday.
Hyderabad: Dinesh Reddy has been elected the new president of the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) at its special general meeting in New Delhi on Monday. He is taking over the responsibility after the International Hockey Federation (FIH) recognised IHF the representative in India. This announcement came after the Delhi High Court reinstated it as the national sports federation.
RK Shetty the previous president, resigned a couple of weeks ago. Reddy, a senior vice-president till his elevation, is the head of the AP Hockey Association. Dinesh Reddy, the director general of police, will be the first person from Andhra to lead the top hockey body in India. He is taking over in a crisis situation after India lost badly in Olympics.
"It is a big responsibility for me. We all know hockey is our national game and all Indians love this sport. But of late, the game is losing its sheen. I want to revive the sport and am confident of bringing back its old glory. My main focus is to live up to the aspirations of the hockey lovers," Dinesh Reddy quoted as saying to TOI. Just after becoming president, Dinesh Reddy said that he would host the national women's championship in Hyderabad at the end of this month.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army Avenges Uri With Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Pakistan Denies