Dipika Pallikal, Saurav Ghosal lose in KL Open
World No.15 Dipika stretched No.8 Jenny Duncalf to 4 games before losing 9-11, 5-11, 11-6, 4-11 in the pre-quarters
Kuala Lumpur: India's top squash players Dipika Pallikal and Saurav Ghosal lost their respective matches in the KL Open here on Thursday.
World No.15 Dipika stretched No.8 Jenny Duncalf to four games before losing 9-11, 5-11, 11-6, 4-11 in the pre-quarterfinals at the National Squash Centre here. The Indian had her moments in the 48-minute contest but it was not enough to trouble her experienced opponent. It was Dipika's fourth loss against the former World No.2.
"It was really close. I played well but Jenny was better on the important points. Still, a lot of positives to take out from the match," Dipika told IANS. Her next big event is the British Open in May.
Meanwhile, Duncalf next faces local favourite and top-ranked Nicol David in the quarterfinals Friday.
Earlier Thursday, Ghosal squandered a 2-1 lead against higher-ranked Tarek Momen to lose 6-11, 11-8, 11-5, 6-11, 5-11 in the men's first round. It was the second time in three meetings that 19th-ranked Ghosal has lost to Egypt's World No.11 in five games.
The Egyptian plays Spain's Borja Golan in the last eight stage Friday.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan