Director Manivannan set for comeback
Manivannan will make a comeback after 11 year with 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to his 'Amaidhi Padai'.
Southern director Manivannan is set to make a comeback after 11 years with 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to his 1994 political drama 'Amaidhi Padai'.
"The sequel will have Sathyaraj and Seeman in lead roles. We are planning to shoot the film in Coimbatore and hope to release by mid 2013," the actor-director told IANS. His last film as director was 'Aandan Adimai' in 2001.
The project will be produced by S Ravichandran and K Suresh under V House Productions.
The 1994 film revolves around a poor man, who goes on to build a political career. Satyaraj did a dual role as father and son in the original.
'Amaidhi Padai' was also remade in Telugu and Hindi as 'M Dharmaraju MA' and 'Jallaad' respectively.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?