Director Manivannan set for comeback
Manivannan will make a comeback after 11 year with 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to his 'Amaidhi Padai'.
Southern director Manivannan is set to make a comeback after 11 years with 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to his 1994 political drama 'Amaidhi Padai'.
"The sequel will have Sathyaraj and Seeman in lead roles. We are planning to shoot the film in Coimbatore and hope to release by mid 2013," the actor-director told IANS. His last film as director was 'Aandan Adimai' in 2001.
The project will be produced by S Ravichandran and K Suresh under V House Productions.
The 1994 film revolves around a poor man, who goes on to build a political career. Satyaraj did a dual role as father and son in the original.
'Amaidhi Padai' was also remade in Telugu and Hindi as 'M Dharmaraju MA' and 'Jallaad' respectively.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle