Director Manivannan set for comeback
Manivannan will make a comeback after 11 year with 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to his 'Amaidhi Padai'.
Southern director Manivannan is set to make a comeback after 11 years with 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to his 1994 political drama 'Amaidhi Padai'.
"The sequel will have Sathyaraj and Seeman in lead roles. We are planning to shoot the film in Coimbatore and hope to release by mid 2013," the actor-director told IANS. His last film as director was 'Aandan Adimai' in 2001.
The project will be produced by S Ravichandran and K Suresh under V House Productions.
The 1994 film revolves around a poor man, who goes on to build a political career. Satyaraj did a dual role as father and son in the original.
'Amaidhi Padai' was also remade in Telugu and Hindi as 'M Dharmaraju MA' and 'Jallaad' respectively.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party