Director Tony Scott cremated; scholarship created
Tony Scott has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home.
Los Angeles: Tony Scott has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home. The information is included on Scott's death certificate. The document doesn't include a formal determination of Scott's cause of death. Coroner's officials expect it will take several weeks to finalize their investigation, but they are treating his case as a probable suicide.
The Top Gun director jumped from a bridge into the Los Angeles Harbor on August 19. Family and close friends gathered over the weekend to honor the British-born director at a private memorial.
His family also announced Monday that they have created a memorial scholarship at the American Film Institute to help future filmmakers and honor his creative legacy. The last film Scott directed was 2010's Unstoppable.
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan