DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Director Tony Scott cremated; scholarship created
Tony Scott has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home.
Los Angeles: Tony Scott has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home. The information is included on Scott's death certificate. The document doesn't include a formal determination of Scott's cause of death. Coroner's officials expect it will take several weeks to finalize their investigation, but they are treating his case as a probable suicide.
The Top Gun director jumped from a bridge into the Los Angeles Harbor on August 19. Family and close friends gathered over the weekend to honor the British-born director at a private memorial.
His family also announced Monday that they have created a memorial scholarship at the American Film Institute to help future filmmakers and honor his creative legacy. The last film Scott directed was 2010's Unstoppable.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh