DIs pulled up for non-compliance
BHUBANESWAR: The School and Mass Education Department has asked all the District Inspectors of Schools to explain why rationalisat..
BHUBANESWAR: The School and Mass Education Department has asked all the District Inspectors of Schools to explain why rationalisation of teachers has not been carried out despite an instruction to this effect.
In view of a large number of schools functioning with just one teacher, the Department had asked the DIs to carry out rationalisation of the teachers to meet the pupil-teacher ratio (PTR). As per the Right to Education Act, PTR for the primary level should be 30:1 whereas for upper primary, it should be 35:1.
However, the Department had also made it clear that apart from meeting the PTR, the DIs must ensure that each school has at least two teachers to operate. However, a recent report revealed that the number of single-teacher schools is very large in the State. Taking exception to non-compliance to its instruction, the Department has asked all the DIs to explain the situation by October 15.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right