DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
DIs pulled up for non-compliance
BHUBANESWAR: The School and Mass Education Department has asked all the District Inspectors of Schools to explain why rationalisat..
BHUBANESWAR: The School and Mass Education Department has asked all the District Inspectors of Schools to explain why rationalisation of teachers has not been carried out despite an instruction to this effect.
In view of a large number of schools functioning with just one teacher, the Department had asked the DIs to carry out rationalisation of the teachers to meet the pupil-teacher ratio (PTR). As per the Right to Education Act, PTR for the primary level should be 30:1 whereas for upper primary, it should be 35:1.
However, the Department had also made it clear that apart from meeting the PTR, the DIs must ensure that each school has at least two teachers to operate. However, a recent report revealed that the number of single-teacher schools is very large in the State. Taking exception to non-compliance to its instruction, the Department has asked all the DIs to explain the situation by October 15.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet