DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Disbursement of compensation begins
SAMBALPUR: Discharge of flood water from Hirakud dam has come down substantially even as five gates of the dam released 1,11,409 c..
SAMBALPUR: Discharge of flood water from Hirakud dam has come down substantially even as five gates of the dam released 1,11,409 cusec of water against an inflow of 1,24,114 on Wednesday.
The water level stands at 629.23 feet and 8.39 mm of rainfall has been received in the upstream. The district administration has started loss assessment exercise and compensation was provided to the affected persons on Wednesday. All the relief centres will be closed on Thursday. Sambalpur Collector Mrinalini Darswal said on the first day ` 90,000 was disbursed to the flood-affected people of ward no. 20 under Sambalpur Municipality. She said disbursement of compensation in Maneswar block and Sambalpur Municipality would be completed in the next three days.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Hales Fifty Props up Hosts
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish