Disbursement of compensation begins
SAMBALPUR: Discharge of flood water from Hirakud dam has come down substantially even as five gates of the dam released 1,11,409 c..
SAMBALPUR: Discharge of flood water from Hirakud dam has come down substantially even as five gates of the dam released 1,11,409 cusec of water against an inflow of 1,24,114 on Wednesday.
The water level stands at 629.23 feet and 8.39 mm of rainfall has been received in the upstream. The district administration has started loss assessment exercise and compensation was provided to the affected persons on Wednesday. All the relief centres will be closed on Thursday. Sambalpur Collector Mrinalini Darswal said on the first day ` 90,000 was disbursed to the flood-affected people of ward no. 20 under Sambalpur Municipality. She said disbursement of compensation in Maneswar block and Sambalpur Municipality would be completed in the next three days.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines