DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Disco-loving police officer suspended
The inspector had created a ruckus at the Score discotheque in Chandigarh on Saturday night.
Chandigarh: A disco-loving Chandigarh police officer who got embroiled in a row after misbehaving with two young women at a discotheque here has been suspended from his post, police said Thursday.
Jaswinder Singh, an inspector with the security wing of Chandigarh Police, has been withdrawn from present duties and posted at the Police Lines.
The inspector had created a ruckus at Score discotheque in Sector 8 here Saturday night. Allegedly in a drunken state, he misbehaved with two young women after they refused to dance with him, police said.
The bouncers at the discotheque confronted the police officer after the women complained. Though the discotheque management called the police, the police control room delayed their response.
Although no case was registered, following a complaint by the discotheque management, senior officers asked Deputy Superintendent Kamal Deep to hold an inquiry.
A police officer told IANS that the probe, based on CCTV footage, found enough evidence against the inspector. Following this, he was placed under suspension.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli