Discounted 'family fares' announced for Airport Metro commuters
This discount scheme will be available at all six stations of Reliance Metro, a DAMPEL spokesperson said.
New Delhi: Commuters of Delhi Airport Metro, travelling with their families or in groups of two or more, will now get discounts ranging from Rs 20 to Rs 80 per ticket. Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited on Tuesday announced the special discounted 'Family Fares'. Under the new scheme, the current tariff of Rs 180 per person between New Delhi Station and Dwarka will come down to Rs 100 if four or more persons travel together.
If two persons travel together, each of them will have to pay Rs 150, a discount of Rs 30 per ticket. Similarly, the fare from New Delhi Railway station to T3 (Terminal 3 of IGI Airport), which is Rs 150 per person, will come down to Rs 100 each for a group of four or more.
This discount scheme will be available at all six stations of Reliance Metro, a DAMPEL spokesperson said. "We have been devising such innovative schemes to benefit commuters and make their travelling experience better and cost effective. Family fares are introduced to facilitate people who travel with their families. With this special family fare, Reliance Metro commuters will have to shell out less fare compared to cab for the same distance travelled," the spokesperson said.
Reliance Infrastructure Limited (RInfra), part of the Reliance Group, which runs the airport metro through its Special Purpose Vehicle DAMEPL, has also introduced Return Journey tokens and Sunday/Holiday discount fares.
Passengers can use Reliance Metro to travel from New Delhi to Dhaula Kuan, Mahipalpur, Airport and Dwarka. Residents of Gurgaon, Mahipalpur, Vasant Kunj can use the airport metro to travel to New Delhi from Aerocity (Mahipalpur) Station, he said.
On connectivity, he said the Airport Express Line is connected with DMRC lines at Dwarka (Blue Line) and at New Delhi (Yellow Line). Terminal 1 of IGI Airport is connected with the Aerocity (Mahipalpur) Station using dedicated shuttle bus services. Air travellers and commuters are encouraged to avail this world-class facility, he said.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand