Djokovic advances to Australian Open semi-finals
Djokovic won his 19th consecutive match at Melbourne Park to keep alive his bid for a third successive Australian Open title.
Melbourne: Novak Djokovic won his 19th consecutive match at Melbourne Park to keep alive his bid for a third successive Australian Open title, beating fifth-seeded Tomas Berdych 6-3, 6-7 (1), 7-5, 6-4 in the quarter-finals Tuesday night.
Djokovic has now reached the semifinals at an 11th consecutive major, second only to Roger Federer's streak of 23.
The top-ranked Djokovic will next play No. 4 David Ferrer, who came back to beat fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro in five sets.
Djokovic has beaten Berdych in 12 of their 13 encounters, his only loss being in the semifinals at Wimbledon in 2010.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show