Djokovic advances to Australian Open semi-finals
Djokovic won his 19th consecutive match at Melbourne Park to keep alive his bid for a third successive Australian Open title.
Melbourne: Novak Djokovic won his 19th consecutive match at Melbourne Park to keep alive his bid for a third successive Australian Open title, beating fifth-seeded Tomas Berdych 6-3, 6-7 (1), 7-5, 6-4 in the quarter-finals Tuesday night.
Djokovic has now reached the semifinals at an 11th consecutive major, second only to Roger Federer's streak of 23.
The top-ranked Djokovic will next play No. 4 David Ferrer, who came back to beat fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro in five sets.
Djokovic has beaten Berdych in 12 of their 13 encounters, his only loss being in the semifinals at Wimbledon in 2010.
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal