Djokovic, Azarenka top seeds for Australian Open
Ferrer took the No. 4 seeding - behind Djokovic, Federer and US Open champion Murray.
Melbourne: Defending champions Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka have been confirmed as the top seeds for the Australian Open starting next week. Australian Open organisers stuck closely to the latest rankings to seed 32 players for each of the men's and women's draws.
David Ferrer took the No. 4 seeding - behind Djokovic, Roger Federer and U.S. Open champion Andy Murray - to replace fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal, who has withdrawn due to injury.
On the women's side, Azarenka is followed by French Open champion Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams, the reigning Wimbledon, Olympic and US Open champion.
Agnieszka Radwanska is seeded fourth, followed by Angelique Kerber and Li Na. American teenager Sloane Stephens got a seeding after moving up the rankings to No. 29.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology