DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Djokovic, Azarenka top seeds for Australian Open
Ferrer took the No. 4 seeding - behind Djokovic, Federer and US Open champion Murray.
Melbourne: Defending champions Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka have been confirmed as the top seeds for the Australian Open starting next week. Australian Open organisers stuck closely to the latest rankings to seed 32 players for each of the men's and women's draws.
David Ferrer took the No. 4 seeding - behind Djokovic, Roger Federer and U.S. Open champion Andy Murray - to replace fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal, who has withdrawn due to injury.
On the women's side, Azarenka is followed by French Open champion Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams, the reigning Wimbledon, Olympic and US Open champion.
Agnieszka Radwanska is seeded fourth, followed by Angelique Kerber and Li Na. American teenager Sloane Stephens got a seeding after moving up the rankings to No. 29.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?