Djokovic beats Melzer in China Open quarter-finals
Top-seeded Novak Djokovic eased past Jurgen Melzer 6-1, 6-2 to advance to the semi-final of the China Open.
Beijing: Top-seeded Novak Djokovic eased past Jurgen Melzer 6-1, 6-2 to advance to the semi-final of the China Open.
Playing in his first event since losing the U.S. Open final to Andy Murray, the Serb served 12 aces and saved both break points.
He delighted fans after the 53-minute match when he signed a television camera by writing his name in Chinese characters.
Djokovic will play unseeded Florian Mayer of Germany on Saturday. Mayer celebrated his 29th birthday Friday with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Chinese wild card Zhang Ze.
The second-ranked Djokovic has yet to play a seeded player this week. Nevertheless, he struggled in his opening match before winning in three sets against German qualifier Michael Berrer.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Calls Steve Smith 'Tubelight' and Virat Kohli 'Holder'
- Meri Pyaari Bindu: Parineeti Chopra's Debut Song Will Leave You Mesmerised
- Magneti Marelli CEO Pietro Gorlier Talks About the Future of AMT in India
- Half Girlfriend First Look: Arjun Kapoor- Shraddha Kapoor are Drenched in Love
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?