Djokovic beats Melzer in China Open quarter-finals
Top-seeded Novak Djokovic eased past Jurgen Melzer 6-1, 6-2 to advance to the semi-final of the China Open.
Beijing: Top-seeded Novak Djokovic eased past Jurgen Melzer 6-1, 6-2 to advance to the semi-final of the China Open.
Playing in his first event since losing the U.S. Open final to Andy Murray, the Serb served 12 aces and saved both break points.
He delighted fans after the 53-minute match when he signed a television camera by writing his name in Chinese characters.
Djokovic will play unseeded Florian Mayer of Germany on Saturday. Mayer celebrated his 29th birthday Friday with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Chinese wild card Zhang Ze.
The second-ranked Djokovic has yet to play a seeded player this week. Nevertheless, he struggled in his opening match before winning in three sets against German qualifier Michael Berrer.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot