Djokovic beats Tsonga for third China Open title
This victory gave Djokovic, who also won the China Open in 2009 and 2010, his fourth title of the year.
Beijing: Top-seeded Serbian Novak Djokovic beat Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-6, 6-2 on Sunday to win his third China Open tennis title in Beijing.
World number two Djokovic dug deep in the first set after an early trade of breaks to win a close tie-breaker and then broke the third-seeded Tsonga twice in the second set. Sunday's victory gave Djokovic, who also won the China Open in 2009 and 2010, his fourth title of the year.
Earlier, Mike Bryan overtook Australian Todd Woodbridge's mark of 83 career doubles titles when he, along with brother Bob, beat Carlos Berlocq and Denis Istomin 6-3 6-2 for their third China Open title in four years. It was the seventh title of the year for the American pair.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology