Djokovic defeats Murray to win Shanghai Open
Novak Djokovic defeats Andy Murray 5-7, 7-6, 6-3 to win the Shanghai Open tennis.
Shanghai: Novak Djokovic exacted revenge on Andy Murray for his U.S. Open final defeat by outlasting the Briton 5-7 7-6 6-3 to win the Shanghai Masters tennis title on Sunday. The Serbian saved five match points in the second set, including four in the tiebreak, to force a tense decider.
The world number two then broke Murray, winner in Shanghai for the last two years, in the seventh game and again at 5-3, prevailing on his third match point to triumph when his opponent went long. Djokovic had lost to Murray in their last two meetings, the U.S. Open final at Flushing Meadows in September in which the Scot secured his first grand-slam triumph, and the semi-finals of the Olympics in London.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution