Djokovic defeats Murray to win Shanghai Open
Novak Djokovic defeats Andy Murray 5-7, 7-6, 6-3 to win the Shanghai Open tennis.
Shanghai: Novak Djokovic exacted revenge on Andy Murray for his U.S. Open final defeat by outlasting the Briton 5-7 7-6 6-3 to win the Shanghai Masters tennis title on Sunday. The Serbian saved five match points in the second set, including four in the tiebreak, to force a tense decider.
The world number two then broke Murray, winner in Shanghai for the last two years, in the seventh game and again at 5-3, prevailing on his third match point to triumph when his opponent went long. Djokovic had lost to Murray in their last two meetings, the U.S. Open final at Flushing Meadows in September in which the Scot secured his first grand-slam triumph, and the semi-finals of the Olympics in London.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable