DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Djokovic reaches 100th week at No. 1 in rankings
Djokovic lost the top spot to Federer for three months in 2012 but regained it in November of that year.
London: Novak Djokovic is No. 1 in the ATP rankings for the 100th week. The 26-year-old Serb is the ninth player to reach the milestone, joining Andre Agassi (101 weeks), Rafael Nadal (102), Bjorn Borg (109), John McEnroe (170), Jimmy Connors (268), Ivan Lendl (270), Pete Sampras (286) and Roger Federer (302).
Djokovic reached No. 1 in July 2011. He lost the top spot to Federer for three months in 2012 but regained it in November of that year.
Djokovic's bid to finish the year at No. 1 for a third straight time is under serious threat from Nadal. Djokovic has 11,120 points, while Nadal has 10,860.
Both are entered in next week's China Open, where Djokovic will be defending his title and Nadal has no points to defend. Nadal can get to No. 1 for the first time since July 3, 2011, by reaching the final.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup