Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open
Novak Djokovic says he will now work towards playing in his next tournament in Rome, which starts May 11.
Madrid: Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from the Madrid Open with the same injury that limited his performance at the Monte Carlo Masters last month.
The second-ranked Djokovic says "I did everything possible in order to play in Madrid ... but unfortunately my right arm injury has flared up again."
Djokovic lost in the semifinals at Monte Carlo to Roger Federer. The Serb played with heavy strapping on his right wrist and was unable to serve or return to his usual level.
The second-seeded Djokovic was set to play against either Martin Cilic or Joao Sousa.
Djokovic says he will now work towards playing in his next tournament in Rome, which starts May 11.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India