DM sends report on Muzaffarnagar relief camps to UP government
<p>The district authorities have sent a report to the state government about the rehabilitation measures undertaken for Muzaffarnagar riots victims living in relief camps after Supreme Court sought a reply in this regard.</p>
The district authorities have sent a report to the state government about the rehabilitation measures undertaken for Muzaffarnagar riots victims living in relief camps after Supreme Court sought a reply in this regard.
District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma said a report has been sent to the Uttar Pradesh government about relief measures taken for the victims living in camps.
"The state government had sought a report from district authorities to present its reply in the Supreme Court in a case filed by an NGO about alleged lack of proper measures for riot victims in relief camps, hearing for which is fixed on January 21," Sharma said.
Many NGOs have criticised the state government for its alleged failure to provide proper rehabilitation for those living in relief camps which had reportedly led to deaths.
Several persons died in the district between September 7 and December 20 last year as the winter chill was increasing. Over 10 children died in the camps, while more than 20 died in hospitals or nursing homes where they were taken for medical treatment.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA