DM sends report on Muzaffarnagar relief camps to UP government
<p>The district authorities have sent a report to the state government about the rehabilitation measures undertaken for Muzaffarnagar riots victims living in relief camps after Supreme Court sought a reply in this regard.</p>
The district authorities have sent a report to the state government about the rehabilitation measures undertaken for Muzaffarnagar riots victims living in relief camps after Supreme Court sought a reply in this regard.
District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma said a report has been sent to the Uttar Pradesh government about relief measures taken for the victims living in camps.
"The state government had sought a report from district authorities to present its reply in the Supreme Court in a case filed by an NGO about alleged lack of proper measures for riot victims in relief camps, hearing for which is fixed on January 21," Sharma said.
Many NGOs have criticised the state government for its alleged failure to provide proper rehabilitation for those living in relief camps which had reportedly led to deaths.
Several persons died in the district between September 7 and December 20 last year as the winter chill was increasing. Over 10 children died in the camps, while more than 20 died in hospitals or nursing homes where they were taken for medical treatment.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali