DMK cadre ends life over party's poll debacle
Dhanabal doused himself with petrol and set himself ablaze in his house in Govindarajapuram on Saturday night.
Erode: Unable to bear DMK's rout in the Tamil Nadu Assembly polls, a 49-year-old party cadre allegedly committed suicide in Sathyamangalam in the district, police said on Sunday.
Dhanabal doused himself with petrol and set himself ablaze in his house in Govindarajapuram on Saturday night, they said, adding that he suffered serious burns and died on way to hospital.
Dhanabal had been upset since Friday after the DMK suffered one of its worst poll reversals winning only 23 seats in the 234-member assembly, they added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game