DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
DMK cadre ends life over party's poll debacle
Dhanabal doused himself with petrol and set himself ablaze in his house in Govindarajapuram on Saturday night.
Erode: Unable to bear DMK's rout in the Tamil Nadu Assembly polls, a 49-year-old party cadre allegedly committed suicide in Sathyamangalam in the district, police said on Sunday.
Dhanabal doused himself with petrol and set himself ablaze in his house in Govindarajapuram on Saturday night, they said, adding that he suffered serious burns and died on way to hospital.
Dhanabal had been upset since Friday after the DMK suffered one of its worst poll reversals winning only 23 seats in the 234-member assembly, they added.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835