Doctors booked for endangering life of pregnant woman
Doctor Subhash Khanna, chairman and director of Kalyani Hospital, and gynecologist Anjali Bagga have been booked under various sections of the IPC.
Gurgaon: A doctor and the chairman of a private hospital in Gurgaon have been booked for endangering the life of a pregnant woman, police said on Saturday. Doctor Subhash Khanna, chairman and director of Kalyani Hospital, and gynecologist Anjali Bagga have been booked under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
According to the formal police complaint filed with the Civil Lines police station, both the doctors endangered the lives of pregnant Rachna Vij and her unborn baby. The incident happened on September 3, 2012. Rajesh Vij of Krishana Colony here was consulting Dr Anjali Bagga from the early stage of his wife's pregnancy.
"Dr Anjali told us that the case was very much normal. At the time of labour pain and delivery on September 3, my wife was admitted in the Kalyani Hospital. Doctor again said that the delivery would be normal but in the evening we were told that she needs a operation and were asked to deposit Rs 50,000 immediately," Rajesh said in his first information report (FIR) with the police.
"When we refused to go for surgery and desired to shift the pregnant woman to some other hospital, Dr. Anjali busted the water bag of the patient and she was apparently made hostage in the hospital," he said. Doctor Khanna also did not take any action despite several requests, he stated.
When the relatives of patient created ruckus outside the hospital, however, she was allowed to shift to an another hospital. Within a hour, she delivered a healthy baby boy by normal delivery in Yashroop Hospital. Sikander, an investigation officer said, "We have registered case against both the doctors on the directions of a local court under sections 315, 336, 341, 294, 323 and 506 of IPC." No one was arrested yet, he said.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Happy Birthday! Google is Now an Adult
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming