Donald to play in Malaysian Open
The Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 is regarded as the most prestigious golf event in the country and a leading national open in the region.
Kuala Lumpur: World No.2 Luke Donald has confirmed his participation for the 2013 Maybank Malaysian Open golf that will be held here March 21-24. The Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 is regarded as the most prestigious golf event in the country and a leading national open in the region.
The event has hosted some of the best international and regional professional golf players. This year, the tournament ups the ante with a prize purse of $2.75 million, an increase of $250,000 from last year's tournament. Donald, a native of Hertfordshire, England, will be making his debut in the tournament.
The 35-year-old is determined to regain the World No.1 spot this year from Rory McIlroy, one of his team-mates in Europe's thrilling success at the 2012 Ryder Cup. Maybank chairman, Tan Sri Dato' Megat Zaharuddin Megat Mohd Nor, said: "The confirmation of Luke Donald is indeed another boost for the Maybank Malaysian Open. Since we took over the title sponsorship of this tournament in 2006, we have endeavoured to bring world class golfing personalities to Malaysia."
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion