Donald to play in Malaysian Open
The Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 is regarded as the most prestigious golf event in the country and a leading national open in the region.
Kuala Lumpur: World No.2 Luke Donald has confirmed his participation for the 2013 Maybank Malaysian Open golf that will be held here March 21-24. The Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 is regarded as the most prestigious golf event in the country and a leading national open in the region.
The event has hosted some of the best international and regional professional golf players. This year, the tournament ups the ante with a prize purse of $2.75 million, an increase of $250,000 from last year's tournament. Donald, a native of Hertfordshire, England, will be making his debut in the tournament.
The 35-year-old is determined to regain the World No.1 spot this year from Rory McIlroy, one of his team-mates in Europe's thrilling success at the 2012 Ryder Cup. Maybank chairman, Tan Sri Dato' Megat Zaharuddin Megat Mohd Nor, said: "The confirmation of Luke Donald is indeed another boost for the Maybank Malaysian Open. Since we took over the title sponsorship of this tournament in 2006, we have endeavoured to bring world class golfing personalities to Malaysia."
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock for Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi