Donkey bomb: New trick by Afghan militants kills cop
Militants planted a mine on a donkey and tied it near the gate of the district headquarters building.
Kabul: A new tactic of using an innocent donkey as a bomb carrier in Afghanistan took everyone by surprise on Monday when a blast killed a police officer and injured three others in a western province.
The bombing took place in Charsadda district in Ghor province, 360 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
Militants planted a mine on a donkey and tied it near the gate of the district headquarters building. When the district police chief arrived at his office, the mine was exploded by remote control, killing the senior policeman on the spot, officials said.
The new tactic also killed the donkey. Three more policemen were injured in the blast.
Police blamed the attack on the Taliban, but the outfit did not make any comment.
Police said the trick exposed Taliban cruelty against both humans and animals.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: ODI Series Versus England
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More