Donkey bomb: New trick by Afghan militants kills cop
Militants planted a mine on a donkey and tied it near the gate of the district headquarters building.
Kabul: A new tactic of using an innocent donkey as a bomb carrier in Afghanistan took everyone by surprise on Monday when a blast killed a police officer and injured three others in a western province.
The bombing took place in Charsadda district in Ghor province, 360 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
Militants planted a mine on a donkey and tied it near the gate of the district headquarters building. When the district police chief arrived at his office, the mine was exploded by remote control, killing the senior policeman on the spot, officials said.
The new tactic also killed the donkey. Three more policemen were injured in the blast.
Police blamed the attack on the Taliban, but the outfit did not make any comment.
Police said the trick exposed Taliban cruelty against both humans and animals.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement