Don't get typecast, Farhan warns Priyanka
In the remake, directed by Apoorva Lakhia, southern star Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka are playing Vijay and Mala.
Mumbai: Bollywood's desi girl Priyanka Chopra has reached Hyderabad for the shooting of the 'Zanjeer' remake and actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar has warned her against doing too many remakes and getting typecast.
"In Hydrabad for 'Zanjeer'. Starting a new film always makes me nervous," Priyanka tweeted.
Amit Mehra is producing the film, which was originally made by his late father Prakash Mehra in 1973 with Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya in the lead roles.
In the remake, being directed by Apoorva Lakhia, southern star Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka are playing Vijay and Mala, respectively.
Farhan tweeted: "Priyanka Chopra, do you realise that this is the third official remake of Amitabh Bachchan you are in? Be careful you don't get typecast."
Earlier Priyanka had featured in the remakes of 1978 film 'Don' and 1990 'Agneepath'.
Recommended For You
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game