Don't get typecast, Farhan warns Priyanka
In the remake, directed by Apoorva Lakhia, southern star Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka are playing Vijay and Mala.
Mumbai: Bollywood's desi girl Priyanka Chopra has reached Hyderabad for the shooting of the 'Zanjeer' remake and actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar has warned her against doing too many remakes and getting typecast.
"In Hydrabad for 'Zanjeer'. Starting a new film always makes me nervous," Priyanka tweeted.
Amit Mehra is producing the film, which was originally made by his late father Prakash Mehra in 1973 with Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya in the lead roles.
In the remake, being directed by Apoorva Lakhia, southern star Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka are playing Vijay and Mala, respectively.
Farhan tweeted: "Priyanka Chopra, do you realise that this is the third official remake of Amitabh Bachchan you are in? Be careful you don't get typecast."
Earlier Priyanka had featured in the remakes of 1978 film 'Don' and 1990 'Agneepath'.
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets