Don't like playing unidimensional hero characters: Emraan Hashmi
Emraan Hashmi won't opt for roles that don't have "any depth" or "logic".
New Delhi: Actor Emraan Hashmi might have played the role of a lover boy in several Bollywood movies in the past, but he won't opt for roles that don't have "any depth" or "logic".
The 34-year-old, who started his career with the 2003 movie 'Footpath', went on to do commercial films like 'Zeher', 'Kalyug', 'Jannat' and 'Raaz The Mystery Continues...'.
"I have always liked very clear characters. I don't like unidimensional 'hero characters' because they don't have any depth, background or logic behind them. Characters are flesh and blood, living people, who you can relate to," Emraan told IANS.
"I can't do the stuff that other people do. Some commercial people might do unidimensional roles, which are okay for them, but don't work for me," he added.
The actor earned the tag of a 'serial kisser' after locking lips with his co-stars in 'Murder', 'Jawani Diwani: A Youthful Joyride', 'Good Boy Bad Boy' and 'Crook'.
But later he shifted towards character-driven roles with 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai', 'The Dirty Picture' and 'Ek Thi Daayan'.
When asked if it was an intentional move to get an image makeover, Emraan said: "There is no strong need to do that. My perspective of things is just to do different characters. There is no desperation to do anything other than my image. But for my own good, I want to do different characters and roles."
In his latest release 'Ek Thi Daayan', Emraan is seen playing a magician. He will soon be seen in director Rajkumar Gupta's movie 'Ghanchakkar', in which he plays a guy who has come up in life the hard way. His co-star in the film is Vidya Balan. The movie is slated to release June 28.
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi Enjoys 'Paan' Brought by Party Workers During Unnao Road Show
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle