Don't think Vijender is involved in drug haul case: Hooda
27-year-old Vijender, a DSP with Haryana Police, has steadfastly denied involvement in the scandal.
Jhajjar: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said he does not think boxer Vijender Singh has any involvement with the drug haul case in Punjab, stressing that law would take its own course. The Chief Minister was asked to comment on the Olympic medallist's name cropping up in connection with the Rs 130 crore heroin haul in Punjab's Zirakpur recently.
Hooda told reporters, "I don't think that Vijender would have such involvement, but the law would take its own course." 27-year-old Vijender, a DSP with Haryana Police, has steadfastly denied involvement in the scandal. Serving as a head constable with Punjab Police, Ram Singh, a former National Championship medallist in the super heavyweight category and Vijender's sparring partner, told reporters in Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, that he and Vijender experimented with drugs on a few occasions.
Vijender, 27, a Haryana Police DSP rank officer, has trashed allegations that he has links with the alleged NRI drug peddler Anup Singh Kahlon arrested by the Punjab Police, saying the "ridiculous charges" would be proved wrong in investigations.
Police had recovered nearly 30 kg of heroin, estimated over Rs 130 crore, from Kahlon's house in Shivalik Vihar in Zirakpur on the city outskirts in Mohali district on Thursday. The car of Vijender's wife Archana was found by police near the NRI's house. Haryana DGP SN Vashisht told reporters that they were in touch with their Punjab counterparts after the boxer's name cropped up in the case.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences