DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Don't want to play 'Mr Bean' any more: Atkinson
Actor-comedian Rowan Atkinson fears the end of his beloved comedy creation 'Mr Bean' is near.
London: Actor-comedian Rowan Atkinson fears the end of his beloved comedy creation 'Mr Bean' is near as playing him has become 'childish and sad'. 'Mr Bean' made his most recent appearance at the opening ceremony of London Olympic games 2012, but the 57-year-old actor now wants to concentrate on more serious acting roles, reported Daily Star online.
"The stuff that has been most commercially successful for me - basically quite physical, quite childish - I increasingly feel I'm going to do a lot less of," Atkinson said.
"Apart from the fact that your physical ability starts to decline, I also think someone in their 50s being childlike becomes a little sad. You've got to be careful," he added.
Atkinsons' famous bumbling character Mr Bean debuted in 1990, with the show running for five years and spawning two successful movies and a cartoon spin off.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017