Don't write off Lokpal agitation yet: Medha Patkar
One should not draw this conclusion that Anna's agitation has failed, the social activist said.
Indore: Social activist Medha Patkar on Sunday said it is not appropriate to conclude that Anna Hazare-led agitation for strong Lokpal Act has failed.
"One should not draw this conclusion that Anna's agitation has failed. Many people are in favour of the movement even today and they extend support to it...One should wait a little before concluding that the agitation has failed," she said.
It would be wrong to say that Hazare's supporters have given up the fight, she said, adding that the real problem was that none of the political parties wanted the Lokpal Act.
"In view of this, the rising corruption cannot be curbed by focusing only on a particular law," she said. Patkar, however, said Hazare's supporters should think twice before taking a plunge into politics.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology