Don't write off Lokpal agitation yet: Medha Patkar
One should not draw this conclusion that Anna's agitation has failed, the social activist said.
Indore: Social activist Medha Patkar on Sunday said it is not appropriate to conclude that Anna Hazare-led agitation for strong Lokpal Act has failed.
"One should not draw this conclusion that Anna's agitation has failed. Many people are in favour of the movement even today and they extend support to it...One should wait a little before concluding that the agitation has failed," she said.
It would be wrong to say that Hazare's supporters have given up the fight, she said, adding that the real problem was that none of the political parties wanted the Lokpal Act.
"In view of this, the rising corruption cannot be curbed by focusing only on a particular law," she said. Patkar, however, said Hazare's supporters should think twice before taking a plunge into politics.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers