Double gold for Man Singh in Asian shotgun
The skeet shooter won the individual and team gold at the Asian shotgun championship in Kuala Lumpur.
New Delhi: Skeet shooter Man Singh on Wednesday equalled the Asian record en route to winning the gold medal in the Asian Shotgun Championship in Kuala Lumpur.
The 22-year-old shooter from Delhi proved his supremacy by shooting 124 out of a possible 125 (24, 25, 25, 25, 25) in the qualification round and a straight 25 out of 25 in the finals.
In the team event, the skeet team consisting of Man Singh (124), PP Singh (116) and Mairaj Ahmad Khan (119) also won the gold medal.
It must be mentioned that Indian shooters have won all the three men's individual gold medals on offer.
While Man Singh bagged the yellow metal in skeet, Mansher Singh and Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore did the same in trap and double trap events, respectively.
Raninder Singh, president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI), said it was a historic performance and complimented the skeet shooters for their show.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- This Photo of Nicole With Sunny, Dev Has Gone Viral
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?