Drashti Dhami beats Lauren Gottlieb, wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6'
The popular actress managed to wow the judges and the viewers with her flawless dance performances.
New Delhi: The wait is finally over. Yes, the name of the winner of the celebrity dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6' has been announced. And it is none other than Drashti Dhami.
Drashti Dhami and her dance partner Salman Yusuf Khan lifted the winner's trophy and took home the prize money of Rs.50 lakh after wowing everyone with their dancing.
The 'Madhubala' fame actress won the title, while Lauren Gottlieb was the first-runner up and Sonali and Sumanth won the third place. Singer Shaan was among the four finalists.After winning the show, the 28-year-old Drashti thanked everyone and said: "I want to thank everyone. My mom, who is not here right now, she is out of town...I love you mommy! I want to thank my friends, Salman's friends..."
The grand finale of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6' was a night of fun, laced with the nervousness of looming elimination and triumph. The finale round not only saw the return of all the eliminated contestants, but also a string of memorable performances of Bollywood biggies - Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Remo Dsouza, Karan Johar.
'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6' which began with 12 celebrities - Shweta Tiwari, Karanvir Bohra, Siddharath Shukla, Meghna Malik, Suresh Menon, Ekta Kaul, Aarti Chabaria, Krishnamachari Srikkant, Drashti Dhami, Shaan, Lauren Gottlieb and 'India's Got Talent' winners Sonali and Sumant - was judged by Karan Johar, Madhuri Dixit and Remo D'Souza.
(With inputs from IANS)
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists