Dravid third Indian in 10,000 Test runs club
Rahul Dravid joined the select group playing in his 120th Test.
Chennai: Rahul Dravid became the sixth batsman to reach 10,000 Test runs on Saturday during the opening Test against South Africa at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
Playing in his 120th Test, Dravid joined the select group when he pushed Dale Steyn for a single to mid-wicket and then raised his arms to accept the cheers from the crowd.
Dravid is the third Indian to join the exclusive group, following current teammate Sachin Tendulkar and former captain Sunil Gavaskar.
Dravid went on to post his 25th Test century before being dismissed on 111, which took his tally of Test runs to 10,031.
West Indian Brian Lara heads the list of Test scorers with 11,953 runs from 131 tests, followed by Tendulkar on 11,782 runs in 147 Tests.
Tendulkar failed to add to his tally on Saturday as he was dismissed for a duck.
Others to have crossed the 10,000-run mark are Australians Allan Border (11,174 in 156 tests) and Steve Waugh (10,927 in 168 tests), and Gavaskar (10,122 in 125 tests).
Tendulkar, Lara and Dravid have also scored more that 10,000 runs in One-Day Internationals.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology