DRDO computers 'hacked', probe on
The hacking is suspected to have been carried out by Chinese hackers and there are fears that some sensitive information could have been compromised.
New Delhi: The computers of highly-sensitive Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have reportedly been hacked. The hacking is suspected to have been carried out by Chinese hackers and there are fears that some sensitive information could have been compromised.
When asked about it, Defence Minister AK Antony said, "Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else". The Minister was asked if the DRDO computer networks containing sensitive information were hacked and if information was compromised.
Commenting on the issue, DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta said, "as per our information, no computer or network of the DRDO has been compromised." In the past also, such incidents have occurred and the Defence Ministry has taken several actions to stop the hacking of sensitive information pertaining to armed forces.
Recently, the Navy had to take action against some of its officers in the Eastern Command after their networks were hacked as they did not follow the standard operating procedures.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator