DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Driver working with Ponty Chadha's firm escapes with money
A case has been registered and teams have been formed to arrest the absconding driver.
Batala: The driver of a firm associated with liquor baron late Ponty Chadha on Monday escaped with an amount to the tune of Rs 10 lakh from Gurdaspur district, police said. On the complaint of Jaspreet Singh Seth, Vice President of 'AB food grains', associated with Chadha, a case was registered against Amritsar resident Rajesh Kumar for escaping with the amount, SHO Sri Hargobindpur Gurbhinder Singh said.
According to the complaint, the incident took place when Seth was on way to deposit Rs 10 lakh in a bank at Sri Hargobindpur town. Seth got down from the car for some work leaving the bag containing the amount inside the vehicle, police said adding, making use of the situation Rajesh escaped with the bag.
Later the car was found abandoned near Sekhri gas agency in the industrial town, police said. Teams have been constituted to arrest the absconding driver, SHO City police station Lakhwinder Singh said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet