Drug haul: Boxer Ram Singh remanded in police custody
Singh, who has been recently dismissed as Head Constable of Punjab Police, was presented in the court under tight security arrangements.
Fatehgarh Sahib: Boxer Ram Singh was on Sunday remanded in two-day police custody in connection with a drug haul case, in which the name of Olympic medallist and renowned pugilist Vijender Singh had cropped up. Ram Singh, the sparring partner of Vijender Singh, was remanded in police custody till April 9 by a local court in Fatehgarh Sahib.
Singh, who has been recently dismissed as Head Constable of Punjab Police, was presented in the court under tight security arrangements. The court had earlier remanded him till April 7, 2013 after he was arrested by the police on last Wednesday. The boxer was arrested for custodial interrogation after recovery of five kg methamphetamine, a party drug, from the house of his brother-in law Ravicharan Singh in Sangrur last Sunday.
Kahlon alias Ruby, the alleged Canada-based drug dealer, was arrested by police on March three and 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore seized from his residence in Zirakpur on the outskirts of Chandigarh. Vijender's name had cropped up in the drug haul case after the SUV of his wife was found outside Kahlon's residence in Shivalik Vihar in Zirakpur when the contraband was recovered.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL