Drug haul: Punjab police arrests pharmacist associate of Kahlon
NRI smuggler Anoop Singh Kahlon was arrested with a huge quantity of heroin from Mohali on March 7.
Fatehgarh Sahib: Punjab police have arrested a pharmacist who used to conduct authenticity tests of drugs for international drug smugglers from Ludhiana city late Sunday, police sources said.
The accused was identified as Sunil Katyal, a resident of Naseeb Avenue in Ludhiana. He was an associate of NRI smuggler Anup Singh Kahlon, who was arrested with a huge quantity of heroin from Mohali on March 7.
"Katyal, who works with a private pharmaceutical company, is a close associate of Kahlon. He had taken drugs many times to his owner's laboratory to test their authenticity. He was getting a fixed commission for his job," a police official here said.
Police said Katyal had been booked under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and his interrogation was being done. Police expect to get clues about other drug smugglers operating in the state from Katyal.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel