DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Drug haul: Punjab police arrests pharmacist associate of Kahlon
NRI smuggler Anoop Singh Kahlon was arrested with a huge quantity of heroin from Mohali on March 7.
Fatehgarh Sahib: Punjab police have arrested a pharmacist who used to conduct authenticity tests of drugs for international drug smugglers from Ludhiana city late Sunday, police sources said.
The accused was identified as Sunil Katyal, a resident of Naseeb Avenue in Ludhiana. He was an associate of NRI smuggler Anup Singh Kahlon, who was arrested with a huge quantity of heroin from Mohali on March 7.
"Katyal, who works with a private pharmaceutical company, is a close associate of Kahlon. He had taken drugs many times to his owner's laboratory to test their authenticity. He was getting a fixed commission for his job," a police official here said.
Police said Katyal had been booked under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and his interrogation was being done. Police expect to get clues about other drug smugglers operating in the state from Katyal.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835