Drugs haul case: Boxer Ram Singh remanded in judicial custody
Ram Singh was the 16th accused who was arrested following recovery of 26 kgs of heroin worth over Rs 100 crore in Mohali.
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): Boxer Ram Singh, arrested in connection with the massive drug haul last month, was on Tuesday remanded in judicial custody till April 23 by a local court. Singh, sparring partner of Olympian Vijender Singh, was produced before the court after expiry of his two-day police remand.
He was the 16th accused who was arrested following recovery of 26 kgs of heroin worth over Rs 100 crore from the house of a Canada-based NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon at Zirakpur in Mohali.
Singh was arrested by Fatehgarh Sahib police for his close links to his brother-in-law Ravicharan alias Ravi Deo. Police had claimed to recover 5 kg methamphetamine from Ravi Deol's Sangrur house recently.
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Cyrus Mistry Says 'No Basis' to Speculation on Litigation, Tata Hints New Leadership Soon
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'