Drunk Fashion Week models mock patriotic songs
A section of the audience comprising models jeered while patriotic songs were being played out at Fashion Week.
New Delhi: A section of the audience comprising models jeered while patriotic songs were being played out at Fashion Week on Tuesday.
Khadi clad models on the ramp, patriotic songs like Saare Jahan Se Achcha in the background and jeering audience. That's the gist of the finale show by James Ferreira on Day four of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week at Pragati Maidan.
While models sashayed the ramp in saris and dresses crafted out of khadi, wearing Nehru topis, a section of the audience, comprising models, who have walked the ramp in earlier shows, yelled and jeered from the sidelines.
"They were drunk," said another model on condition of anonymity. FDCI President Sunil Sethi denied that the models were drunk. "Everyone was in a happy mood. The audience enjoyed the show and a spirit of patriotism came across in them," he said.
A buyer from Europe said he enjoyed the show immensely. "India is where the future is going to be," he said.
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resign as English Manager