Drunk priest axed to death by saint in Mathura
<p>The priest of a temple in Shahpur village in Mathura was allegedly axed to death by a sadhu, police said on Thursday. The incident took place on Wednesday evening.</p>
The priest of a temple in Shahpur village in Mathura was allegedly axed to death by a sadhu, police said on Thursday. The incident took place on Wednesday evening.
"The accused, Baba Lal Giri, has been arrested and an axe along with a lathi (baton) used for the killing has been recovered," Deputy Superintendent of Police RK Gautam said.
"Giri had gone to the temple, where priest Pariyal Baba, who was in an inebriated state, abused him. When Giri protested, the priest started beating him," police said.
"When a visitor at the temple saw the clash, he tried to intervene. However, unable to stop the fight, the man informed people in the village," they said.
"When around a dozen villagers reached the temple, they found the priest lying in a pool of blood while Giri was missing," they said.
Some villagers took the priest to the Kosi Kalan police station, while the others searched for Giri. The police rushed the priest to a hospital where he was declared dead. On being found, Giri too was brought to the police station.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)