DU students to study national diversity by train
The train will take the passengers to Ahmedabad, Wardha, Mumbai, Goa and Bangalore
New Delhi: One thousand students and teachers from Delhi University (DU), all women, will travel throughout central and western India in a train to study the national diversity.
The train, called Gyanodaya Express, a brainchild of DU vice chancellor Dinesh Singh, will take the passengers to Ahmedabad, Wardha, Mumbai, Goa and Bangalore, "aiming to broaden the horizons of learning beyond the classrooms", according to an official statement.
Equipped with laptops, internet connectivity and a library, the students on board the train will study a wide range of topics including food habits, geography, agriculture, language and ethnicity of the people of various regions.
According to the statement, the progress of the journey will be updated regularly on the university's official website.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy