DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Dum Maaro Dum' gets good response down south
...as Telegu star Rana Daggubati turns out to be the crowd puller
Telugu star Rana Daggubati has turned out to be a crowd puller for Rohan Sippy's Hindi movie Dum Maaro Dum (DMD) that was screened in 46 theatres in and around Hyderabad.
"We screened on three screens in IMAX and we had a fantastic collection. DMD was the most awaited film. Rana's popularity coupled with the famous title of the movie was a crowd puller. In fact even our weekday was close to 80 percent which is quite exciting," said T. Srikanth, GM Operations, Prasad Media Corporation Ltd, in a statement.
"The impressive star cast of Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu also helped stimulate the cinema goers," he added.
In Mysore, the film's box office collection is the highest among all the Bollywood films released in 2011.
The thriller amassed Rs.6.2 crore in India on its opening day.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief