DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
E-governance societies coming in all districts
CHENNAI: The State government has decided to form e-governance societies in all districts to roll out the e-District Project aimed..
CHENNAI: The State government has decided to form e-governance societies in all districts to roll out the e-District Project aimed at delivering more than 75 per cent of the services of collectorates electronically.
Further, the e-District Project, already implemented in six districts of Krishnagiri, Ariyalur, Coimbatore, Perambalur, Tiruvarur and the Nilgris as a pilot initiative, will be extended to the rest of the 26 districts, including Chennai, a GO said.
As per the guidelines of the Centre, a district e-Governance Society (DeGS), headed by the Collector, would be established in each district and registered under the Societies Act.
The DeGS will be responsible for the implementation of the project at the district level. The DeGS will also play a key role in the post-implementation operation and maintenance phase of the scheme.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi